Road loss at Iowa

Iowa shot 15-35 from outside the circle while Nebraska shot 4-26, and that was pretty much the game in a nutshell. The Huskers did take a brief 2nd half lead but in the end were blown out 76-94.

So very disappointing. After shooting so well against Purdue the Huskers were as cold from behind the 3 point line as was the weather in Iowa City.

So much for cracking the top 25.

Wrestling Team also got spanked by Iowa. Even the Polar Bear lost.

Greg Zimmerman, UNL '75
Overland Park, Kansas

I was not paying a lot of attention to the wrestling, but didn’t he have a 1-0 lead at one point? The LJS writeup says he made a mistake and that’s what led to his first loss since before HS.

Losing on the road in the Big Ten, especially to a team as good as Iowa, is nothing to be ashamed of. The road to March Madness consists of winning at home and stealing one or two on the road.

Rutgers and Nebraska are tied 36-36 at the half tonight.

Had numerous chances to win in regulation but repeatedly screwed it up. Now, on to OT.

Greg Zimmerman, UNL '65
Overland Park, Kansas

And they couldn’t prevail in OT, either. This loss hurts.

And there you go. Lose 87-81 in OT. Pathetic. A winnable game thrown away. Every time I think this team is ready to break through, they lay an egg.

Greg Zimmerman, UNL '75
Overland Park, Kansas

I’m not sure I want to see this team make the NCAA Tournament and lose ANOTHER game there! But if this team can’t do it, are they gonna be any better next year?