Finally, coming back to Lincoln for a game!

To celebrate my recovery from cancer, I am coming to Lincoln with some kids and grandkids to the Rutgers game on October 5! I haven’t been to Lincoln since Solich’s first game in 98 (La Tech) We are way up in nosebleed (601) but it’s still gonna be great!

So, what’s a good guide for game day activities in Lincoln? My grandkids are 9 and 6. I know the game time hasnt been determined yet but I want to make this a great experience for everyone. (We are staying at an airbnb on the east side of town. Do you recommend ubering to the stadium rather than try to find parking?)

First, congratulations on your recovery. That is awesome.

We always Uber on game days. I hate trying to find parking. Can be tough getting an Uber after the game, tho. Might be a wait.

Have fun.

Tommy Thompson
Just call me “Pa”
Go Big Red
Go Cardinals

I’m not a regular at the games anymore and only go once a year or so but also travel to lincoln for the games. I usually reserves a spot in advance on vividseats or stubhub - usually near the haymarket close to several bars and restaurants before and after the game. Enjoy!

Tell me more about this Don. I’m not sure what you mean.

Depending on where you’re staying there are usually several places that offer shuttle busses (but probably not free), I know SouthPointe shopping center is one, Gateway may be another.

You can usually find parking lots with space further away from the stadium, such as over by the capitol building. And I think some of the downtown parking garages will sell reserved parking spaces for individual games.

I usually park in the red or green or blue lots. They are right in the haymaket area.

Here is a link to the parking. Click select for the Rutgers game:

https://app.lincoln.ne.gov/aspx/city/eventprk/default.aspx?v=1

Here is a map of the locations:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://app.lincoln.ne.gov/cityapp/urban/parking/pdf/parkingmap.pdf

Good luck!

Don