Chat Room Open

In our favor too

Off topic. I’m happy to see multiple ads for the women’s volleyball meet at Wrigley field

Normally, I’d think tacking on points like that is bad form. But after two decades of mediocrity, I won’t complain.

At least that won’t tear up the field. Cubs have playoff baseball on the horizon.

1 Like

As usual, thanks to Mike for doing this every year. It’s good to be back with you guys… been a long off season. GBR

Well, Colandrea came on in the second half and acquitted himself pretty well. From a mobility perspective he is certainly a step up from Raiola. The running backs also looked good.

Were balloons released today?

I didn’t notice any, I think they designate one game as the ā€˜balloon’ game now, hopefully in cooler weather.

We didn’t see any on TV and wondered. There was talk to discontinue it then I heard it was kept. Just curious.

Did anyone hear the press conference? I can’t get it.

Tommy Thompson
Just call me ā€œPaā€
Go Big Red
Go Cardinals

Michigan is about to lose to Western Michigan. I think Kyle Wittingham is wishing he just retired.

Western Michigan got robbed.

That’s the worst officiating call I’ve seen since Big Twelve refs put a second back on the clock in the Nebraska vs Texas Big Twelve Chamipionship game, and maybe even worse than that one.

The B1G statement was that because a WMU player stepped out of bounds, he cannot participate in the play but he got the ball. That’s why they added a second

It may have been a bad call, maybe. I am open to that. However, I have read a lot and heard a lot that at the very least puts a question mark in my thinking. The thing that makes it very difficult is we are talking about split seconds.

And even if the call was out and out blown Michigan still had to score from the 47 yard line with a hail Mary, which they did. There is no way Western Michigan should let that happen, no way. It was going to be the last play in the game, without a penalty, no matter what.

One way to look at the situation is to throw stones at the officials and say they blew it. Another was is to feel Western Michigan blew it. Each to their own opinion. I really don’t feel strongly either way.

John Papenhagen

**mnolan**Mike Nolan via gmail

1d

That’s the worst officiating call I’ve seen since Big Twelve refs put a second back on the clock in the Nebraska vs Texas Big Twelve Chamipionship game, and maybe even worse than that one.

I’m closing this topic, next week let’s try to use the online chat feature rather than send out 75 emails to several hundred people. :slight_smile: