Starting a new topic via email

The first day actually went a bit better than I had expected, a few issues, a few settings changes, a few users with issues that haven’t been resolved yet and a few things that I can’t explain.

Images seem to be the biggest issue, I’m not sure if it is possible to have them show up in messages relayed via email with a full URL that you can click on. I’m still looking into that.

Everybody who had an account created by me during migration of the images should be able to start a new topic via email (assuming I have your current and full email address in your discourse user record), but you no longer send them to the husker at tssi dot com email address.

People who sign up for a new account will not have the ability to start new topics by email until after they’ve been around a while, that’s an anti-spam feature. As I see and recognize long-time list members who sign up for new accounts, I’ve been upgrading them.

For the regulars, if the reply feature works (remember to use reply and NOT reply all) then these addresses should work as well.

Here are the three email addresses to use:

Football-related:discourse+husker-football-post@lists.tssi.com
Basketball-related: discourse+husker-basketball-post@lists.tssi.com
Other sports or general: discourse+husker-post@lists.tssi.com

If you’re having problems, and some problems during a conversion are to be expected, it is probably better to contact me off-list.

Mike Nolan
nolan@tssi.com
htfoot@gmail.com